IS SELF-DOUBT GETTING IN YOUR WAY?
Everyone has times in their life when they feel inadequate and incompetent, and seriously doubt themselves. Unfortunately some of us feel that way more often than others. Many people are so busy putting themselves down they fail to move forward and be successful. They start to believe the old messages and then they eventually stop trying to better themselves. They become discouraged and depressed and almost give up. Do you feel like you may be one of these people?
Maybe your self-doubt stems from some negative experiences early in your life. For example, if someone gave you negative messages about yourself or if people made fun of you when you were a child, you might doubt your abilities even today.
Negative or Traumatic experiences can cause a vicious cycle of self-doubt in your mind.
Parents, teachers, and other children can sometimes unwittingly say things that have a powerful impact for both good and bad. So, how do you turn things around and stop that nagging voice in your head that says you’ll never be good enough?
Here are some tactics to help you erase that doubt and become more confident:
Let Go of Negative Criticism of Yourself
This applies to both past and present. Don’t let your boss ruin your day by simply adding his voice to the negative messages in your head. Realize that he may be taking his anger out on someone else because of his own inadequacies or insecurities. People’s negative attitudes speak volumes about them, not about you!
- Stifle your tendency to criticize yourself. By agreeing with those who criticize you, you’re giving them all the power. You need to stop doing that!
- Pay no attention to that voice in your head that’s saying you’re going to fail. If you stop listening, it will get quieter and eventually disappear.
- Reclaim your life by believing that you CAN succeed.
- Surround yourself with supportive people who believe in you.
Thinking Positive is not enough
It’s not enough just to think positively; you have to actively pursue success as well. Visualizing your end goal can help you make the right choices, but no one can do the work except you. One way to overcome self-doubt is to write down all your positive qualities. And you DO have them, you know you do!
- Make a list of at least 5 good things about you. Every day when you wake up read the list. Reading aloud will also help you to believe the items you’ve listed.
The positive thinking will help prepare your mind to succeed, but there are other ways you can help yourself achieve your goals as well:
- Set reasonable goals: Decide what you want to do within a set amount of time. Keep your goals realistic so you can meet them. If you set unrealistic goals that you can’t meet, you’ll quickly become discouraged. Start out small and get bigger with your dreams. And if you don’t have goals how can you ever achieve them!! So make them now!
- Get busy: Inactive people easily become depressed. To avoid this unpleasant situation, immerse yourself in achieving your goals. Hard work will always pay off in the end. Volunteering is very powerful to help you feel good about what you do have in your life!!
- Reward yourself:. Self-doubters tend to think they don’t deserve to succeed. But you do! You deserve a reward for conquering your self-doubt and becoming more confident. You deserve to be honored for your hard work and perseverance. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Even the little changes need to be acknowledged.
Just remember you can’t reach the top of a mountain in one giant leap; it takes many steps along the way to reach the peak in due time. The same is true of success and achieving your goals.
Taking baby steps and attaining many small successes will bring you the confidence to reach your dreams. In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the journey to becoming the self-assured person you know you can be. It’s a wild ride, but well worth it in the end.
Do you need to be Re-Programmed?
And if the old negative messages continue to play in your head, then your own internal computer might need to be re-programmed. Just like an old, out-of-date computer program needs to be updated, so does your sub-conscious mind need to be updated.
Hypnosis is one of the most powerful tools known in the world today for changing old outdated negative beliefs and change them into positive, empowering successful messages.
When you have the most modern up-to-date programs it goes without saying that you will have the most positive, empowering successful results.
Please contact me if you need any encouragement. I’m here to help and support you in any way I can.
To your success,
P.S. If you relate to this article please Email me and let me know. I always like to know if these articles are ‘speaking to you.